Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Last meet of the season

This is a little late, I was waiting for the better photos taken by the pros and the coach, but seems neither had the time to get them online. But here is a quick report. Ruri skated both Novice and Standard, and with her recent spurt of improvement, she left her competition in the dust...the open was very entertaining. After the start, Ruri settled to second place after a few changes at the lead. I thought that was very clever. However, with 10 laps to go, she took the lead, and I thought that was a bit early. Later Ruri said that she hardly broke a sweat so she wanted to go faster. The two Juvenile girls (good ones though :-) went with her, but Ruri was doing most of the work up front. About 3 laps to go, coach asked one of the Juvenile girls to break away, Ruri carefully followed, and made a pass with one lap to go and hold on to win it. I was watching it like watching a soccer game:-) I don't think I have anything to tell her about skating. She is one her own now. Just a photo for record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home