Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More IMMI outdoor photo

I worked out my Marathon time from the photo time stamp (Christ has taken over 2000 photos, which included the start and finish of almost everyone). My unofficial time is 1:28:10, which is 9 minutes faster than my last Marathon. This translates into 17.8 mph, or 28.5 km/h. This time, apart from chasing a few small breaks, I was in a pace line 95% of the time, which showed on my improved time. I can say now that I enjoyed the Marathon even in the midst of it as riding the paceline made is much easier and fun. I noticed my blister about two lap to go, so I adjusted my form so it doesn't hurt as much. Then my left calf muscle started cramping at half lap to go. Too late to give up, also I'm not really feeling that painful, so I just kept going, then started sprinting about 50 meters from the line....bad mistake, Roger Olson (who obviously didn't have cramps) just zoomed by me about 20 meters to the line....I'll get him at SFIM:-)

One photo of me in paceline, and one trying to catch a break.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home