Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Taking stock

Ruri and I had a private lesson last week, we got to see close-ups of our skating techniques via frame-by-frame video footage. For Ruri, it is mostly knee-bend (or lack of it) and left foot setting. After a few runs, Ruri managed to get the left foot setting much better. For me, it was my hip and shoulder, I'm just not turning out enough, which impede my left foot push (shorter). However, I was not as lucky as Ruri (or smart:-) I was not able to correct them during the lesson, but I got a few excercises that I can try later. Seeing myself skating in details made me understand that I'm a long way away from howI would like to skate:-)

But not all bad this week though. I tried to run during non-skating days, and I felt my endurance was going up. Yesterday I made a 35.6' for 300m race. Under 12' per lap for three lap race. Hopefully I can extend that to 500m. The final race of this season is less then a month away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home