Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Goal: lower 11-12 second lap

Tuesday Ruri took her first private lesson from her coach...it exposed a lot of little problems with her technique: outside edge, one leg glide etc. I recorded the session on video and we should come back to the drills in the next few month as much as possible. I look at this as a blessing, this means she has a lot of room to improve. Coach also told me that to qualify for nationals, Ruri needs to place 4 and above in the June regional meet, and she believe it should be in the lower 11-12 second lap range for the 300m. Wow, I wish I can skate 11-12 second laps, right now I'm stuck at middle of 12-13, but I believe Ruri can do it in the next 6 months. Ruri seems to understand more now she needs to work hard to make the nationals. She did a very good controlled burn session afterwards and it's the first time to see her face turned so red afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home