Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crash of the season

Ok, maybe over hyped, I did loss some skin but a minor scratch...I'm supposed to skate outdoor today with a colleague near our office, better hide them:-)

During the pair passing drill (every two people passing each other then one drop back and a new pair starts). As I was ready to pass the guy went down in front of me. It seems that I had a lot of time to react as I can see him losing balance in slow motion, but I was in the middle of the pass and just buried my skate into the poor guy and crashed over him.

A few minutes later, Ruri was doing the same drill and the girl in front of her went down side ways (no idea what she was doing:-) Ruri did a jump that looked like someone doing long jump on track and field: arms in the air with a walking motion over the fallen comrade. She also landed safely. We were very impressed, as this really needs very fast reflexes and agility.

Only if I also jumped, I wouldn't have lost my skin:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home