Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home rink meet #5

This is quite a meet, we had two teams from Washington and some world team skaters joining. Unfortunately I was skating and didn't have anytime to take photo or video. But I've asked people to take the photos so when I get them from email I'll upload.

Again Ruri skipped the first day due to Japanese classes, and also she had some competition from the Washington team. She got third (1st, 2nd are from the Washington team) but most impressively she finished the Freshmen and below open by placing 6th out of 13 skaters, passing at least one freshman skater (open placement is up to 5th). After this meet, Ruri is back on 1st on the points. Next meet is the trophy meet and we'll see if Ruri get to stay first.

I skated both days, and got third in Novice race and didn't place in standard (very competitive). I also felt pretty good staying in the classic and up open for 17 laps (out of 30) before gotten lapped out. Oh, I also got a second in two man relay. So all-in-all a very good meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home