Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Monday, January 08, 2007

Moving up

At the last practice of 2006 (we had a practice on 12/31 for 3.5 hrs!) Ruri officially passed me in the pace line. She stayed longer while I had to drop off. Again this happened twice this year already. I only lasted longer than she did in the last paceline because the coach decided to pulle the two girls out of the paceline. So I can safely say that Ruri has earned her place in the pace line behind me. but I'm planning to hold onto it for just another week or so. I still beat her on one lap though:-) This is kind of interesting. Usually kids can beat the masters on one lap but does not have the endurance to beat the masters for the 100 lap paceline. I guess Ruri really improved her endurance, which I think is a good indication that she is skating with good form. By the way, right after the skating practice, I was at Ruri's recorder rehersal for her merit scholarship performance in the concert hall. She played the "Variations of Sakura", which is a very technical piece and can sound rather dull if not careful. However, as I closed my eyes and listened, I can feel her interpretations and playfulness. I am really looking forward to the recital!

Next week is the second meet of the season. It will be at Grance Terrace near Los Angeles. Since it is a long weekend, so we are looking forward to some sight seeing after the race. I will not be racing but be video taping the race for the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home