Mélange

A time capsule for myself

Monday, November 12, 2007

New season and new boots


Ruri has grown out of her first pair of speed skates, and they are a bit too narrow (it was changeable between 1-4 for length but not for width). The only company that seem to be interested in the kids market is Luigino (they also own powerslides, which is Ruri's first pair of skates). There are a few Luiginos: Attitude, Sting, Victory and Challenge, I don't really know what are the differences, but I guess the more expensive the better? Anyway, just got the Pink Challenge, and had Ruri try it on. What I noticed is that they have put a lot of effort on making them adjustable. Obviously all boots are heat modable these days, but for challenge, the length of the front strap can be adjusted, and the end point of the buckle/strap can also be adjusted. This allows me to tighten the boot a lot more than otherwise possible. First practice tomorrow so we shall see.

It's probably about time for me to get a new pair too. Now thinking about it, Ruri and I started speedskating almost two years ago. Ruri has progressed a lot and to a less extend I did too. This is such a good sport to do together with your daughter and I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to keep myself healthy, spend time with my daughter, keep her healthy, and anything else is just bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home